Financial Assistance & Enrolling as a Patient
Clinica Family Health is here to provide the care you and your family needs. No matter your ability to pay. That’s because we are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). We accept most insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, CHP+ and the Colorado Indigent Care Program (CICP). Clinica Family Health will help you apply for sate and federal financial assistance programs to help pay for your health care. We also offer our own discount program based on income and family size for those who do not have other coverage options. Because your financial situation can change, we require patients to update their financial assistance eligibility every year.
Already Have Health Coverage?
If you have health insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, CHP+ or CICP you may enroll by phone when you make an appointment for your first medical visit. Call to Schedule an Appointment: 303-650-4460
No Health Coverage? No Problem!
Our Enrollment Specialists will help you apply for affordable health care coverage. We want to make sure you get all of the financial assistance you can. The first step is for you to meet in person with an Enrollment Specialist. They will help determine what programs you may qualify for, such as Medicaid, CICP, CHP+ or our discount program.
Steps to Getting Low-Cost Healthcare
If you haven’t already done so, please call us during normal business hours to schedule your free enrollment meeting where we will help you apply for health care coverage or our discount program.
Before your enrollment meeting, gather the appropriate information listed on the Enrollment Documents tab (located on this page).
During your enrollment meeting, we’ll help you fill out the required forms to apply for Medicaid, CHP+ or other financial programs. Our Enrollment Specialists will help you complete and submit your forms.
Finally, select a doctor & schedule your first appointment.
Health Care Marketplace (Connect for Health Colorado)
Health insurance plans and the application for the Advance premium Tax Credit created by the Affordable Care Act.
Child Health Plan+
Public low-cost health insurance for certain children and pregnant women.
Medicare Savings Program
Health First Colorado (Medicaid)
Public health insurance for Coloradans who qualify. Health First Colorado offers several programs including:
- Emergency Medicaid
- Medicaid Buy-in
Clinica Discount Program
Clinica’s own discount plan that provides discounted health care services to low-income people and families.
Enrollment Appointment Information
No appointment necessary at our Pecos, Westminster, and Peoples Clinics. Please walk in between the following hours:
Mondays – Thursdays: 8am-11am and 1pm-4pm
Fridays – 8am-11am and 1:30pm-3:30pm
To schedule an appointment at our Thornton or Lafayette clinic, please click here or call 303-650-4460.
What Documents Will You Need to Apply for Financial Assistance?
Bring all necessary documents to your appointment. We will not be able to help determine what financial assistance you qualify for if you do not bring the necessary documents. If you cannot bring one or more of the documents, please cancel your appointment and reschedule once you have all the documentation.
- Picture ID for all adult applicants.
- Social Security numbers for all family members (if applicable).
- Legal Permanent Resident Card if resident of U.S., or work permit (if applicable).
- Proof of address under patient’s name such as public service bills or other bills. Statement date should be for previous or current month.
- Insurance cards, for example: Medicaid, Medicare or private health insurance, etc.
- Proof of unearned income, for example: child support, SSDI, SSI, or unemployment letter.
- If self-employed, bring previous month business ledger. The ledger needs to reflect total earning for the month and total business expenses for the same month.
- If pregnant, need to know expected delivery date. Bring picture ID or birth Certificate and Social Security card (if applicable).
- Children under age 18: Passport, birth certificates, Colorado ID or school ID (if applicable).
- If paid with check stubs, all check stubs from previous month. If you are paid with cash please provide a signed and dated letter from your employer. Letter needs to state the hours worked per week, pay per hour, pay frequency and gross income from the last month. Make sure your employer listed his/her phone number and business address.
- If shared residency: Bring a signed, dated letter from the person you live with. The letter should include the person’s name, address and, phone number. You will also need to bring a bill dated the previous or current month from the person writing the letter.
How to Schedule an Enrollment Appointment
If you haven’t already done so, please call us during normal business hours to schedule your free Enrollment Meeting. We will help you apply for health care coverage or Clinica’s discount program.
Call us at 303-650-4460. We are available Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. You can also schedule your own appointment by using our self scheduling tool.